Tuesday, April 03, 2007

French Market Bag

No one even guessed what my new project is :( Stephanie at And she knits too can't understand why anyone would blog and not get comments. I guess you can't make people comment. It's not like I don't want comments!

The project was the start of the French Market Bag. What would we do without Knitty? I think it is fun how it starts at the center of the bottom and is worked up from there. While I was knitting it I saw it would make a neat hat. My problem with hats is to know how many stitches to cast on and how far to go before you start decreasing. By knitting them top-down you eliminate these problems all together. Why didn't I think of this before. My head exploded with hat ideas, different weight yarns, different patterns, different increases. Before I knew I had cast on a hat and I can't wait how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed if I had seen it. I have hardly had the time to read blogs lately. Since I am back to work after being horribly sick, work has been so hectic that I have hardly had any time for internet surfing. And then when I get home I manage the group and that's about it.

Anyways, I love your new project. The yarn is so pretty!

And the March house is cute to. Can you post a picture of all three of them together when you get the chance?

Sigga Sif said...

I didn't guess because I honestly had no idea what it could be. Or more accurately it could be almost anything!

I like the color, btw!