Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hardanger

I'm so excited. I started my hardanger kit last night. It starts with a border cross stitched with a gold thread. I've never used metallic threads before and I've always heard it was pain in the arse. But I liked it! Maybe because it's a new experience, I don't know. I liked that is was just a single strand. Most cross stitch is done with at least two strands and they tend to lay over each other instead of side by side.

This morning I woke up with Kamilla while the rest of the family kept on sleeping. Kamilla watched a cartoon while I enjoyed the morning in peace. Of course I kept on with the kit. I started on the closter blocks and finished the inner circle. So far so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was Hardanger done traditionally in Iceland? I know its a Norwegian tradition.

Sonja said...

I don't know if it is traditional but it is a well known technique among the older generations.