Saturday, July 16, 2005

Back from the country

I've been at a summer house my father and his wife own. It's been great, we really enjoyed the stay there, especially Kamilla.

It's in Reykholtsdalur (Reykholt's Valley), Reykholt is the place where Snorri Sturluson lived, but he is credited for some of the Saga's. The land belongs to Sturlu-Reykir (the estate), where geothermal energy was first used for domestic heating in Iceland.

I didn't get a lot of stitching or knitting done there because Ása Sóley was restless and didn't sleep a lot in the day time and at it was worst in the evenings. Until the last day, then all of a sudden she fell asleep at around 9 PM and slept until 1 AM. I used the time to stitch. First we Clint were watching a movie and then I watched Desparate Housewives (the movie was already at least half way done) and Ása Sóley was still sleeping !!! I was getting worried that she was alright. I stitched on - through an episode of Sopranos and she was still sleeping! I managed to finish my Mill Hill kit (except for the green beads that are missing and a charm). I already took a picture but I'm having some troubles with the photo processing program so I'll show it to you later.

1 comment:

Rósa said...

Ég hlakka til að sjá mynd af Mill Hill myndinni, hún er örugglega rosalega flott :-)