Monday, May 02, 2005

It's about time

I worked on my Father Winter ornament tonight. I only had about 1 hour of work left! Why hadn't I done it sooner? Good question, one reason is that I was doing white work and the last few things were in different colors (so I had to find them), another reason was that the last thing was a lazy daisy stitch and I've neven done that before and the last reason is that I suffer from 'can't finish-syndrome'. I tend to lay projects aside as I am close to finishing. Well, I'm not done completely. I still have to put beads in, but I don't have any beads so I can't do it right now.



This design was the August 2004 monthly SAL at my cross stitching club. Yes, August 2004, that's when I began this little project! I was even the one to pick it because I was the first to complete July's SAL. So what's SAL. SAL stands for Stitch-A-Long and the monthly SAL is a little design that is for free on the internet, which anyone can make. The one that is quickest to make it get's to choose next months SAL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love Teresa Wentzler's designs - they're definitely complex and beautiful and well worth the time.

I haven't forgotten you - I'm still sifting through patterns, and checking to see if I have some of the Weeks Dye Works colors on hand to send with a Bent Creek or two. I'm moving a bit slower this week, as I have to finish a scarf for my mother for Mother's Day on Sunday 8 May. But you're not forgotten! :)

Anonymous said...

Rosalega fallegt hjá þér!
Ég er einmitt að spá í að gera þetta á ljósbláan evenweave, held að það komi flott út.
Hvaða perlur eiga aftur að vera í þessu? Ég á einhvern haug af perlum heima og get látið þig fá ef ég á þær réttu, eða eitthvað nálægt þeim :)

Sonja said...

Thanks perclexed :) Don't worry, take your time.

Takk Linda, en mig langar til að eiga perlur líka ;) Fór í Handavinnubúðina á leiðinni á bókhlöðuna. :o