Friday, May 27, 2005

Gifts, stfig, figts

I've been waiting all week to blog because I was going to put some pictures online first and show them here. I haven't been online much and not at all with my own computer. Clint was so sweet though to give me a wireless card so I can connect at the library (or anywhere else for that matter). Isn't that sweet? It's my 'mom' present he says, because I'm going to have a baby. How romantic! Men do think different than women and for them it is probably very possible that a computer component can be a romantic present! Who knows? I am greatful, especially because he got it at a good deal!

I got a present for myself actually. I ordered the new Stina Nordenstam CD, The World Is Saved. I couldn't help ordering a knitting book, I've been wanting to have more (any) knitting books. It is hard to decide on a book online - what if you don't like the patterns!!! So it is a lottery really. Well, I got lucky. I love this book - Weekend knitting. It has a lot of good patterns, made out of nice yarns and they seem to be quite quick or fun to make. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but the more I read it the more I love it. I can't wait to make my first project - the trouble is choosing and finishing other stuff first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weekend knitting is a lovely book - I should pull out my copy, I have the yarn for the cache-coeur and could start it at any time.

I had to laugh, because I thought the wireless card was a lovely mom gift - it didn't occur to me for a second that it wasn't quite romantic. Either I'm a geek or its really just the thought that counts.

Sonja said...

It is a great gift and it is romantic but when you look at the card itself it doesn't look very romantic. But it's a lot better and more useful present than jewellery or other more traditional romantic gifts. I don't wear jewellery, I don't like cut-off flowers (and am not a big flower person to begin with) but I wouldn't mind lingerie, he he.