Monday, November 05, 2007

Prepared for winter

Look at this nice basked filled with wooly goodies

Wooly Goodies

I placed it by the front door. I'm just missing the mittens I'm making for the girls (couple of thums still to go) and a hat for Kamilla. Otherwise we are set for the winter, although you can never have to much wooly goodies, right? I love living in a place that has winter.

I've been wearing the jacket I made and my mom put the zipper in last summer. It was too hot to model it then and now I keep forgetting. I've also been wearing some of my hats. I'm a product knitter so wearing the knitting is the ultimate joy for me. I like to see these babies being used. That's actually one of the reasons why I like dishcloths/washcloths so much. I can always use them. Speaking of dishcloths, there are 3 that I knit this summer (and then promptly forgot about).

Diagonal dishcloths

This pattern is great. It's so simple you can knit it anywhere, including at the movies. You never have to look down. If we are going somewhere and I need a projet to work on in the car. I can just bring a ball of kitchen cotton and size 7 (4.5mm) needles and I'm good to go. No pattern, nothing.

Of course they have a pattern. But it is easy to learn. You cast on 4 stitches and knit one row. Then for the increasing rows you knit 2 stitches, yarn over (YO), knit rest of the stitches in EVERY row. The decreasing rows are a bit more complicated, you knit one, k2tog, YO, k2tog, knit rest of the stitches in EVERY row until you have 4 stitches left, then cast off.

In Icelandic: Fitja upp 4 lykkjur og prjóna einn prjón, auka út með því að prjóna 2 lykkjur, bregða bandinu yfir prjóninn og prjóna út umferð í hverri umferð. Úrtakan fer þannig fram að maður prjónar eina lykkju, prjónar tvær saman, bregður garninu yfir prjóninn, prjónar 2 lykkjur saman og prjónar út umferð í hverri umferð þar til maður er með 4 lykkjur á prjóninum og þá fella af.

p.s. here is a picture of Ása wearing the sweater her grandma Rósa made her. Kamilla got one too.

1 comment:

marit said...

It's pretty good to bundle up in al the wooly stuff!!! It's getting cold around here to... Great sweater for Ása (and an adorable girl!), and cute dishcloths. It is always nice to find a pattern that is so easy, but looks so complicated!