Monday, October 22, 2007

Book Meme

From Marit. I didn't do her last one. But this one I can do.

Perhaps Hafrún, Linda, Rebecca and Ágústa are game?

1: Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Paperback. They are just much more convenient, and cheaper.



2: If I were to own a book shop, I would call it...


The Book Lover's Club



3: My favourite quote from a book (mention the title)


I don't remember any quotes.


4: The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be...


Bill Bryson. He would be a lot of fun and full of good stories.



5:If I was going to a deserted island and could bring only one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be...


A different kind of a survival guide! Probably the whole collection (in one book) of the HHGTTG (Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy).


6: I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...


could warp time, so I had more time for reading (and knitting, and sewing and hanging out with my kids, and stitching, and and and)


7: The smell of an old book reminds me of...


Antique book shops.

8: If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title) it would be...

Lína Langsokkur (Pippi Longstocking in English)


9: The most overestimated book of all times is...

The DaVinci Code



10: I hate it when a book...

ends.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hmm, I will give it a go later, I'll have to think about my answers to some of those questions.

Pippi Longstocking is a good choice. I sometimes get teased that I look like her if I wear my hair in braids. Maybe it's the knee socks. ;)

marit said...

Hi, thanks for playing along! I had to think about this for quite some time...I like the idea of a time warp gadget-LOL!!!