Sunday, June 03, 2007

Stash or not?

I keep thinking I don't really have a stash. I hardly ever buy yarn, but have gotten big amounts of yarn from Iceland from time to time. One time about year ago when I returned to the US from Iceland and then a bunch the other day when my stepmom came for a visit. So while putting the baby to sleep (she's not really a baby anymore, she turned 2 yesterday) I thought I take a stock of what I have. Turns out I have more then I thought. Here is a list of projects I have yarn for - only 'virgin' wool. This excludes WIPs, leftover yarn and odd skeins of yarn.


  • 1x baby sweater (like the 5 hour baby sweater)
  • 2x shawls (from eingirni, Icelandic 1 ply wool)
  • 1x mittens for Clint
  • 1x slippers for Clint
  • 2 pair socks
  • 1x crochet sweater for me
  • 1x tank top/skirt for Ása (baby cotton)
  • 16+ washcloths, facecloths, bibs etc. (things that take less than a skein of kitchen cotton
  • 3x denim bibs
  • 1x pedal bib


The list is a lot longer than I had assumed. But still not too long. I could do this in a half a year, providing I'm spending at least 2 hours a day knitting. It'll be interesting to see at the end of the year how many projects are left on the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That really isn't much. At least not in my book. Admirable restraint, I'd say. ;-)