Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The pointy sock

The socks are too pointy :( Too bad because I would really like Kamilla to be able to use them. It´s getting cold and the houses here don't hold heat very well. She tried them on and they fit ok, except the front of them stands out. They look like those pointy shoes that have been so fashionable. But that extra fabric makes it so the shoes wouldn't fit well. So I have to knit them over again. Children's socks are very quick, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to knit. Work is crazy busy right now.

I've been working on Clint's vintage cardigan. I really like the pattern. Everything just adds up and it goes very smoothly. I've finished the main body and am almost done with one of the sleeves. The best part is that when I'm done with the second sleeve, all I have left is to weave in the end and sew on buttons and the cardigan is ready !

Not pictures. Ever since I came back from Vegas I haven't found the camera. Besides, my camera is 3 and 1/2 years old and has seen it's share of trouble (dropped for instance) and now it's started to be very picky. Indoor pictures are usually overexposed etc. So I guess I have to start looking around for a camera. Sitting at home and waiting (which has been my M.O. lately) doesn't seem to work.

4 comments:

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Þú þarft varla að prjóna alla sokkana aftur er það? Er ekki nóg að rekja pínu upp af tánni og sauma það svo saman?

Anonymous said...

Nei, þú þarft ekki að prjóna sokkana aftur. Klipptu tána af og prjónaðu hana fram. Ég hef stytt peysu þannig.

Sigurlaug.

Sonja said...

Ég er þegar búin að rekja þann upp sem var búinn. Mér datt í hug að rekja upp bara niður að hæl og aðeins lengra og prjóna bara hælinn og stroffið aftur, en endaði svo bara með að rekja allt upp. Táin passar betur ef hún er rétt löguð auk þess sem það var snúningur í henni af því að ég jók bara út öðrum megin á prjóninum.

Getur maður rekið upp frá tánni? Mér datt það ekki einu sinni í hug. Og mér datt heldur ekki í hug að prjóna tánna í öfuga átt, er það hægt? Passa lykkjurnar og lykkjufjöldinn ef ég hefði klippt tána af og prjónað hana þannig?

Sigurlaug said...

já, það held ég alveg örugglega, þegar ég stytti peysuna fyrir bróður minn klippti ég neðan af henni, eða sum sé klippti bandið inni í umferðinni þar sem stroffið átti að byrja, tók upp lykkjurnar og prjónaði í öfuga átt, sum sé stroffið niður. Prófaðu það næst þegar þú gerir mistök. Ef það verður þá e-ð næst!