Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas around the corner

In the 10 days or so Ása Sóley has started waking up in the evenings. I had the luxury of having a little baby that went to sleep at 20 PM but then all of a sudden she decided just to take a nap early in the evenings and stay awake most or all af the evening. This has reduced my knitting time considerably. I did manage to finish the birthday present in time but barely and I ended up framing it myself. I haven't uploaded the picture of it on my computer yet. It'll come.

Now Christmas knitting. I will be able to finish a scarve that I'm making for my grandmother Laufey. It is a very simple and elegant scarf. It's the first scarf I've made since my scarf fiasco in school. Actually it is not knitted but chrochet in a net and a nice yarn is woven in the net. Here is the pattern (in Icelandic but you can see the picture). The Canto yarn is not sold any more, not in Hagkaup at least. I went to another store who is a speciality knitting store, Storkurinn (the stork). They carry Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Jaeger, Noro and such. So I got Biggy Print to weave in the net of Jaeger yarn. Both Merino. I am going to have to make one for myself!

I also have couple of mittens on the needles. I finally learned to make mittens ;) and now I think it's so easy.

No comments: