Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dilemma

I have a little dilemma. I wanted a quick, easy project and chose this pattern from the online magazine Crochetme.com. I'm making it with Lopi, which has the same gauge as the recommended yarn. The problem is that it is designed with crochet hook K with is 6.5 mm and that yields to 10 hdc (hálfstuðlar) per 4" (10 cm). It is not possible to get 6.5 mm crochet hooks in Iceland (please correct me if I'm wrong) and a 6 mm hook gave 12 hdc and a 7 mm hook gave 8 hdc. I continued with the 7 mm hook although the sweater will be too large for Ása Sóley, maybe it will fit Kamilla instead. My other alternative was to frog (rekja upp) and start with the smaller size with 7 mm. That might give results close to the original bigger size I intended to do.

So I guess I solved my dilemma of whether to frog or not already!

I really like the color of the Lopi I chose. It really is a quick project. Perhaps I'll make two! I really like the texture that the hdc stitch creates. I normally don't like the texture of crochet cloths, especially children cloths, but I really like this one. Picture soon. I will be getting a new computer soon, which should help solve my photo sharing problem :o

No comments: