Thursday, October 27, 2005

Birthday gifts

I got a lot of gifts this time around. Some from my friends and relatives but most from my stitching friends at Allt í kross. We have a Birthday game, where 15 of us send each other gifts for our birthdays. I go a lot of stitching related gifts, including 3 Mill Hill kits. Those kits are so much fun, they have different beads and decorations and some of them are made with perforated paper, which I love. I've made one kit already - the Angel. Funny enough, all the three other kits I got were angel kits :o One, two, three. little kits ;)

For part of the money I got from my grandmother Laufey I bought Þríhyrnur og langsjöl. Then I will buy herb colored single ply icelandic yarn in Ullarselið, next time I'm in the neighbourhood (they are about 1 hour drive from here). The yarn is on the front page - isn't it beautiful? Can you believe these colors?

4 comments:

Litla Skvís said...

Víhí! Gaman að fá pakka! Ég hlakka svo til að vera með í þessum leik á næsta ári :D

Geggjuð þessi bók og þetta garn!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday!I'm glad that the þríhyrnur og langsjol book is back in print and that you got a copy - which shawl will you make next?

The colors on the Ullarselid website are amazing - they don't sell those colors here (are they hand dyed?). I love the shop's logo with the spindle too.

Simon said...

I've just found your blog about coffee of the month club whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about coffee of the month club. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about coffee of the month club. I've just started my own blog about coffee of the month club if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

Texas Seo Expert said...

I will add this blog to my favorites right away. i run a website based on hawaiian gifts and think you will find it a useful resource.