Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ég hjarta New York

I´ve been writing about my trip on my Icelandic blog so y'all have to go over there for any details, but I can tell you that I had a great time on the plane (planes actually because I had a layover in Charlotte, NC) traveling without small children for the first time I can remember (my memory really only reaches back where they were born anyways, he he). I made the most out of it and knit and listened to knitting podcasts the entire time.

I eventually found my mum´s socks (while I was looking for something else) and here is what they look like.

Mömmusokkar

Here is how they looked like when I started them.

One toe done, one sock to go

I made the socks with ONline supersock and used the toe up sock pattern from Ann Budd from Interweave knits this summer. I actually started using this instruction for Turkish toe.

I timed it so that I would start the second sock at the same place on the pattern repeat as the first. That made them a little short (but not too short) and I ended up with a lot of leftover yarn, so this yarn goes a long way. Maybe I can use it for something for the kids. Perhaps socks?

5 comments:

hakucho said...

Your toe up socks are fabulous. I haven't tried that type of pattern yet, but it is on my never ending to do list :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Ég les alltaf bloggin þín, gaman að því!
Vissi ekki að til væru sérstakir prjónaþættir til að hlusta á, alltaf eitthvað nýtt.
Kveðja að austan, Kaja

Rebecca said...

Those are lovely socks. I look forward to reading about your trip.

Yes, it's Maizy, maybe the same colour you have, Kelp Grey. I can't remember if I told you but I had to temporarily move my blog to http://knittingandamovie.wordpress.com so you can read about it a little there.

Anonymous said...

I *still* haven't done a pair of socks toe-up. It's on my to-do list. And? Writing things about me in Icelandic? Not quite fair (although it doesn't seem to be anything bad - I think). ;-)

Anonymous said...

En girnilegir sokkar. Hrikalega flottir.