Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Will you do ANYTHING for your child?

That's a good question. I think the answer, in my case, is YES! Why? Because I'm knitting her a scarf, a pink scarf AKA The Pink Monster. I thought I would never knit a scaf and I hate pink. Actually the process is made so much easier by the fact that my daughter absolutely loves it and can't wait to show it of to her friends at school. It also helps to listen to knitting podcasts, alternating between KnitCast and Cast-On, and that's just the beginning. There are a lot of new knitting podcasts out there.

p.s. I'm done 58 cm, little over one skein/ball of eyelash, so just over half way done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the answer is that most of us will knit something we detest just for our kids. Which is probably what makes us moms, isn't it? ;-)

Rebecca said...

I think it shows what a great mom you are to knit a scarf, I don't like making them either, I don't know why. ;)

I hope you post a picture of her enjoying it when it's done, I'm sure that will be the best part of all is to see how much she likes it!