Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crochet washcloth with a border



I made a new crochet washcloth. It is just single crochet square (8.5"x8.5" if I remember correctly) but with a border. My friend Nancy gave me the book 'Around the Corner Crochet Borders'. These are borders are great for blankets, but Nancy gave me the idea of using them for washcloths. She was absolutely correct.

I didn't have a lot of the contrast color, so I made a small border. It still jazz' it up a lot. Love it! The light in the photo is uneven because it was already getting dark so I used a lamp and my camera is getting worn out - the flash doesn't work anymore. I almost got a new camera at the beginning of the year, but never did. Hmmm....

I used sugar'n'cream light blue denim for the square and bright green for the border. Both were leftover yarn.

The possibilities are endless with this pattern. I itch to use up my kitchen cotton like this, especially the leftover yarn.

p.s. There is a distinct possibility that I am procrastinating finishing a sweater that I'm making that's almost done.

1 comment:

Harpa said...

Sætur!